Enriching the Lives of BSD7 Music Students
BFOM was established in 1985 with the goal of supporting music in the Bozeman Public School District – above and beyond the ordinary. Today, with significant changes and decreases to the district’s funding of our schools’ music programs, this original mission is as important as ever! BFOM needs your help to raise funds to support our students and teachers.
BFOM is a 501(c)3, nonprofit organization that serves as the Bozeman Public School’s K-12 music booster club. The organization is completely volunteer-run, from the board of directors to those who help with events, fundraising, and communications. With the community’s help, we donate back an average of $35,000 a year to help support our incredible music staff provide unparalleled music education for our kids.
Funds raised by Bozeman Friends of Music specifically support:
- Contributions to Bozeman High School and Gallatin High School music tours so that student musicians and their teachers can travel and represent the excellence of the district’s music programs
- Student scholarships for instruments, lessons, and camps
- New instruments for BSD7 schools
- General music programs at the elementary, middle, and high school levels so that teachers can provide new accessories, literature, concert music, and much more
- BSD7 Worthy Student Scholarship Awards for high school seniors pursuing music
- Teacher grants
Please consider supporting BFOM and our students by donating here.
We’d also love for you to volunteer with us! We have many opportunities available from just an hour or two a month, all the way up to helping us put on our biggest fundraiser (and hottest show in town) Bozeman Night Live. If you would like to join as a volunteer, we welcome you! Please email [email protected] for more information.